Here’s some great ideas taken from a recent GoToMeeting eNewsletter…
Five Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do with GoToMeeting
You know how cans of soup come with recipes on the labels? Well, here are a few recipes for using GoToMeeting, straight from the Citrix Online test kitchen.
1. Hold a virtual family reunion. Unable to get everyone together this summer? It’s not too late. Invite your kinfolk to an online gathering where they can share pictures, stories, recipes and news. It’s all the love without the food poisoning.
2. Conduct preliminary job interviews. Increase the range of your search by having candidates walk you through their portfolios or resumes online. They can even demonstrate their skills at using computer applications required for the job. Then, if you like what you see, you can invite them to come in for a second, face-to-face interview.
3. Revamp your latest marketing campaign. Work with remote colleagues and consultants on ad designs, copy and slogans without wasting time and money on travel. Plus, you can keep it confidential because your plans never leave your computer. No lost laptops or mockups to worry about – you show only what you want to and leave no copies behind.
4. Provide remote support. Help co-workers, clients or family members resolve technical problems from your home or vacation spot instead of dragging yourself in to the office (or your client’s office, or your Mom’s house). Screen sharing lets you work on their computers as if you were there, and you can even invite remote colleagues to give you a hand.
5. Show your face. Online meetings don’t have to be impersonal. Just share your Webcam window and let others see your smiling face. Or, put your favorite business photo on your desktop to show attendees what you look like (when you’re not at home holding meetings in your pajamas).
David Forness says
I am an ESL teacher, formerly an English teacher for thirty-five years. I married a Vietnamese. She has four nephews in Vietnam I would like to tutor in English. I would also like to do that on line for pay. Is it possible for both parties to have the same form, worksheet, paper on the two computers at the same time. I have a product called Bamboo which permits me to write on whatever I have on my computer. That way I could correct papers etc. If that is possible please let me know. Also please let me know what the fee for this service would be once the free trial is up. I would love it if this would work. David Forness
Yes, that should work fine. Just go to http://www.gotomeeting.com and find out their current pricing.