Need to Create Content?
You know how it goes. You’re busy working on your business, yet you know that you need to produce content that keeps your website fresh and your content marketing campaign moving forward.
You sit down to begin writing. And you draw a blank. Those ideas you had earlier have somehow left the building.
March is the month of Spring, St. Patrick’s Day, and a slew of other observances. Here’s what you do: figure out a way to combine your business message with them. These will become your inspired ideas. It’s easier than you think.
Ways to use your inspired ideas:
- Blog posts
- video message
- audio message
- presentation (for Slideshare)
- series of how-to email autoresponders
- social media posts
- social media contests
- topic for monthly teleseminar or webinar
- timely content for your membership site
- and even a chapter or two in your ebook you’re putting together. <<= Don’t forget that you should be providing bonus content for your ebook that you can send your readers to. This is a powerful interactive element for highly effective engagement and platform building techniques.
Let’s list some primary words and topic concepts for March that you could pull from. We’ll call these the Words of the Month.
These words are ideal to pair up with your own message content topic:
Spring starts on March 20th.
- Spring cleaning (out with the old – in with the new, organization)
- Emerging from dormancy or hibernation
- Warming up
- Bringing things out of storage (good for revisiting old ideas and bringing them to fruition)
- Creation/Building (get that product created, get that video series done and out the door, building the foundation for your future)
- Then there are Spring garden terms that can translate well to business: blooming, seeding, cultivating, nurturing, planting, preparing, planning.
- Cut loose
- Take a break
- Unplug / Unwind
- Have fun
March Madness starts on March 19th:
- Pulling together as a team
- Rewards after hard work
- Never giving up
- Bringing the best performance out of someone
- Personal best
St. Patrick’s Day is on March 17th:
- Gold (as in, pot of gold)
- Treasure at the end (good for the reward at the end of a journey)
Other March Occurrences To Use For Content Inspiration:
- 3-1: Employee Appreciation Day
- 3-8: International Working Women’s Day
- 3-12: Organize Your Home Office Day
- 3-14: International Ask a Question Day
- 3-21: Companies That Care Day
- 3-22: Education and Sharing Day
- 3-29: Good Friday
- 3-29: National Day of Unplugging
- 3-31: Easter
As you can see, there is no shortage of something to write or talk about. These are your content builders.
But each business is different. And so is their message. Here are some ideas for general consulting-type businesses to utilize the Words of the Month into a cohesive message that would be appropriate for their audience:
Create content and conversations centered around March topics:
- renewal of business momentum
- how to encourage new growth in business (rejuvenation)
- how you can embrace new business opportunities and turn them into growth opportunities (a compatible relationship with a like-minded entrepreneur can easily become a teleseminar series that can be recorded and sold, etc)
- growing with your customers
- handling business growth spurts
- how to bring your business out of a cold winter sleep or hibernation period
- implementing new strategies, or revisiting current strategies for adjustment
No more staring at the computer or notepad, not knowing what you can create content about.
What? You’re not much of a writer and you would rather someone else pull together your topic outline into a polished and cohesive piece of content? I highly recommend Richard at SEO Writer Pro for content creation projects. You’ll find him affordable and accommodating. Even one or two well-written blog posts or articles a month will do wonders for connecting with your audience, establishing your online credibility, and building your expert platform.
Here are some Content Editorial Calendar packages that will help you get a leg up on your content marketing for the upcoming months and year