Starting a successful website is not quite as simple as registering a domain name and uploading your site files. The most successful websites, particularly those that generate their traffic through multiple methods, are built with research and planning behind them. From keyword research to competition analysis, any successful commercial web property needs a degree of strategy and long-term guidance behind it. By hiring a virtual assistant offering keyword research services and website seo services, you’ll be able to gain increased Google positioning without all the time and effort of doing it yourself.
Fortunately, the wide range of tools available today makes it extremely simple to research your online competition. Free keyword tools are available for you to research exactly where your potential visitors are searching, free link-checking tools are available to help you research competitors’ search strategies, and PPC analysis tools make it simple to determine what campaigns are highly profitable, and which turn out to be duds.
No matter what niche or category your website covers, it is important to prioritize market research when planning your strategy. A few hours of research before you start could save weeks of corrective work afterward. With these tools, tips, and strategies aiding your online research, you will have your successful website planned and ready-to-build in no time.
For search marketers, keyword research is absolutely essential for determining a great niche to operate in. The vast majority of long-term profitable websites are powered through search marketing, primarily ultra-high traffic keywords. Before you decide to build an authority search website, look at your competition. What keywords do they rank for? How many backlinks are there pointing towards their websites? How long have their domains been registered for? All of these factors contribute to a successful search presence, and all are important for forming a keyword plan.
For researching your own potential keywords, Google’s Adwords testing tool is perfect. Absolutely free, it is one of the most comprehensive and powerful non-paid keyword testing tools around. Market Samurai, however, is my Keyword Research tool of choice.
The best way to research your competition is first-hand. While there are tools available to detect backlinks to competitor websites — Yahoo’s Site Explorer comes to mind — often they do not tell the whole story behind a website’s success. By all means, check links directing to the website, where they rank in search results, and how well they rank in different search engines, but do not make it the entire focus of your research.
In addition to locating your competitors backlinks, focus on learning about them organically. Observe their website and see what features keep people coming back and back. Most successful websites have one or two features that completely distinguish them from their competitors. It could be something as simple as great content, a very clean navigational system, or even sheer size. Whatever the important factor is, remember that your website has to be able to deliver something of equal or greater quality. Outrank them and you will take some of their traffic — outsmart them and you will quickly see your traffic shoot above theirs.
Online research is dynamic and difficult, especially when you are competing against multiple websites. No matter what, do not let the numbers fool you. A website with 1,000 backlinks might not be as powerful as you expect — they could all be low-value links. Focus on quality, ensure your website is more powerful and valuable than the competition, and look ahead to your future, not back at your competitors.
Ask me about my keyword research services and SEO support. Let me help you!
Here are some interesting articles you might find interesting:
- Keyword Research with Google Only No Other Tools Needed Search . – free and awesome the two words you not so often find go in combination. This post looks at various ways to do keyword research with free Google tools more often than not you won’t need any other tools at all. Google Search has answers to all questions (I mean it).
- keyword research – what are you basing it on? – we have a question for you and we want you to really think about this. what are the most important metrics that you use when doing keyword research? 1. traffic. 2. competition. 3. kei. 4. ______ (fill in the blank) …
- SEO & Keyword Research Tips For Beginners With Aaron Wall | Hobo – Amazing keyword research tips for seo from Aaron Wall of Seo Book – One of the most experienced professional seo in the world.
- HitTail: The Long Tail As Muse – Bloggers interested in building search traffic should check out New York based HitTail, a deceptively simple tool that makes suggestions for words to use in blog post titles or topics to write about based on the search terms that are …
- new advertisers, welcome aboard – the new sponsored search platform is now available to all us marketers who open new accounts with us. step by step, the introduction of yahoo! search marketing’s new account interface and platform continues. this time, the event we’re …
- Top 10 SEO Tips and Tricks | Keyword Research Tip 1 : Search … – Keyword research is critical to the SEO process. Without keyword research all your efforts to optimize your site to rank high in the major search engines may be directed to the wrong terms and phrases. This will result in rankings for …
- Beyond SEO Applications of Keyword Research The Invesp Blog – This blog is brought to you by the team at Invesp, a conversion optimization company. Meet the authors of the invesp blog: Ayat, and Khalid. When you think of keyword research, you likely associate it with search engine optimization and the importance of including keywords in various tags and body copy to appear higher in search results.