While email marketing is intimidating to some online marketers, and is a real pain to some of us who get spammed every day, it is a great way to make an impression when used properly and can be a very effective marketing tool. As long as you have the permission of your email recipient; that is, people who’ve willingly added themselves to your mailing list, an email marketing campaign is nothing to fear – and it has the potential to bring great rewards.
What should I use email marketing for?
Most of us are familiar with the “get your money today” offers from Nigeria in our inbox every morning. These of course are spam and are illegitimate. This is not the purpose of a well designed, well executed email marketing campaign. In a real campaign, your readers have already shown an interest in what you have to offer and are usually happy to hear from you on a regular basis. These people want to know what you can do for them. So – the purpose of your new email marketing campaign will be to tell them exactly that.
Here are The 5 Best Ways to Use Email Marketing:
1. Warm-up to something new – one of the best uses for email marketing is to let the people on your list know that something new is coming, and to build anticipation. Whether a new product or service; whether new directions in your business approach or a new opportunity for them, your readers will become eager to learn more as you tease them over a few weeks or months in advance of your introduction.
2. Keep in touch – Keeping in touch with your list is a critical step in keeping your audience receptive to new information and new opportunities; that is, new chances to buy from you. If you let the relationship become stale, they’ll soon begin to think the only time you get in touch is when you want them to spend money. This can damage your brand and ruin their loyalty to you. An occasional “Hey there,” from you can have powerful long-term benefits.
3. Product launch – Of course, one of the most important uses of a coordinated email marketing campaign is the launch of a new product (or service). Since you have a built-in audience that is receptive to your message, and since you’ve also kept in touch and warmed them up for an announcement, an email campaign to announce the introduction – and ask them to buy from you – has a great chance of being a huge success.
4. Promote your book or webinar – Just as the launch of a new product or service can be advanced with email marketing, so too can a new book or webinar benefit from exposure to your regular audience. Again, build to the moment, then hit them hard, and watch the sales or sign-ups go crazy.
5. New offers or changes to your business – Special deals, items on sale, a new direction for your business – or a new opportunity for those on your list; such as an affiliate program, a new network marketing opportunity, or a new MLM campaign, for example. These are all prime candidates for a well planned, well executed email campaign.
A legitimate email marketing campaign is a powerful tool you can use to grow your business, build your mailing list through referrals, and increase sales. By mailing only to those who’ve given you their permission, you will not end up in the junk file but will; instead, begin to build long-lasting online relationships with people who need – and want – the things you have to offer.
Need help developing your email marketing campaigns? As your dedicated internet marketing service specialist, we’re here to help.